Oct 18, 2016

Live By Example

I found this project called 1000 Stitches which is a great example of giving and is organized by Marny Elliot of Missouri. She is seeking 1,000 people to sew, knit or crochet a blanket for someone in need. Each craftier is asked to select a local person or charity to support like a homeless shelter, children's home, nursing home or someone that is sick.

Preemie Blanket for Lily
Make a blanket for the person you chose and wrap it as a gift with a note that provides a message of hope. Then let Marny know about your donation and the message you sent include the type of blanket you gave, who the person was and how you felt about giving them the gift and include a photograph if possible.

As a part of 1000 Stitches project, Marny will create a booklet of all the items given away for everyone who participates. She will also help people find an organization in their area that needs donations.

What I did:

I completed the project, a pink and blue striped preemie blanket for a tiny girl weighing 1.5 oz at 29 weeks on July 18, 2016. She is the little cousin to my grandson born a month later. I made the blanket big enough for baby Lili to be wrapped in for her homecoming. I've never seen baby Lili in person and it's hard to grasp just how tiny she is, but I will as she gets bigger and healthier. For now Miss Lili is quarantined from people and their germs. I enjoyed making many things for her and plan to do more as she grows.

My last post has links to charities and organizations that help with crochet items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I'm busy crocheting at the moment, leave me a message and I'll get back to you.Have a nice day and God bless.